Shyama brings you the highest quality yoga instruction in a clean, peaceful, and supportive environment. Her sessions offer a safe space in which to explore your mind, body, and soul.
Shyama’s offerings include:
- Hatha Yoga (physical body exercise)
- How to Quiet the Mind (Meditation)
- Breathing (Pranayama)
- Integration Consulting
- Devotional Singing (kasual kirtan)
Hatha Yoga with Shyama is…
- Physically Deep & Thorough
- Anatomically Intelligent
- Spiritually Nurturing
- Serving Individual Needs and Capacities.
Shyama has been intimately involved in the study and practice of Yoga since 1984. She studied full time under the direct guidance of a Siddha Guru for ten years in both India and the U.S., and holds certification from six schools of Hatha Yoga. Shyama taught yoga to the judges & judicial staff at the Marin Civic Center, which led to teaching yoga at the CA Judicial College in Berkeley. She was also hired by Bay Club Marin to create and manage their yoga program. Shyama moved to Sebastopol in 2004 where she teaches private clients, creating a custom experience designed specifically for that individual.
YOGA & HATHA YOGA
- Iyengar Yoga: 2-year training
- Integral Yoga: Intermediate & Prenatal Certification
- Sivananda Yoga: Advanced
- Himalayan Institute Training: Intermediate
- Yogi Hari: Advanced
Significantly Inspired By:
- Anusara Yoga
- Shanti Mandir ~ www.shantimandir.com
- Heart of Yoga
- SYDA Foundation, aka Siddha Yoga
COACHING & MEDIATION
- Coaches Training Institute (CTI), San Rafael, CA
- N CA Mediation Center: Essentials of Mediation & Divorce Mediation
In April of 2010 Shyama journeyed back to India after 16 years. She participated in the Maha Kumbha Mela, an outstanding gathering of mankind with 50-80 million participants. Archeologyonline describes it as the world’s largest act of faith. The trip felt like a culmination of sorts. The sweetest gift of this journey was Shyama’s re-acquaintance with Mahamandaleshwar Swami Nityananda (aka Gurudev) of shantimandir.com
Currently Shyama resides in Sebastopol, CA raising her precious daughter, enjoying her work and the local community. She especially likes tea, dancing, biking, friendship, music, swimming, laundry, and trampolines. She embodies a level of clarity that offers the sweetest in beauty, intimacy and personal instruction.